Friday, December 13, 2013

First off I'd like to apologize for not updating this more regularly, sorry! However, what I would like to do is share with you my year in review for being an Altra Ambassador for Altra Zero Drop Shoes, and ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh damn, what a year it has been.

This year was amazing in so many ways . . . first off I was chosen to be an ambassador for a brand of shoes that I love running and living in, and in that year I don't think I won one darn race! Can you believe that? What I did do was meet a lot of cool people and have some supertasticly wonderful times, conversations and experiences with all sorts of folks while I ran ten "official" 50k's (that's a touch over 31 miles for those of you metrically challenged); two 50 milers; three "official" marathons and four "official" half marathons (the reason I put "official" was because I was also training for a 100 miler and was running roughly 60-80 miles a week too)! All of them were pain, blister and injury free finishes . . . and I'm going to say a big part of it was the awesome shoes!

What I also realized in this year is that I am way better at social media the old fashioned way, talking with my mouth to real life people (not your avatar), in the this incredible 3D place we call the WORLD! So, here are some pictures from this last year . . . ENJOY!

runnin' with my son

shoe tying 101

My amazing wife and our annual 1/2 marathon (this is one of the only time she runs, because she likes running about once every . . . never)!



Capitol Forrest 50 miler


He wanted to hug it out!







Off to Orcas Island 50k!



"Dad, why did it take you so long to run? I'm tired of eating cookies waiting for you."


A little pre-race family gathering!



We had a trunk show at our training studio to share the Altra love!

What can I say? I like to rotate my shoes!

Susie asked if she could run a 50k? I said, "lets go find out!" Sooooooo, we did one Saturday!




They even hold up in the mud!



5 for 5 finishers at White River 50 miler


I hope you enjoyed a few of my pics from last year . . . this was just a fraction of my life! Along with this . . .  my son and I started jiu jitsu and it's been super kick ass! My wife and I have a thriving business of helping people reach their physical goals as well as recover from injury and I have running!

Running is my escape, it's my adventure and sometimes it's my sanity! I hope your 2013 was as incredible as mine, see you in 2014!

2 comments:

  1. Will, thanks for the camraderie, advice and information. As you know, I'm new to wearing Altras. I've had my Instict 1.5 for just over 6 months and I'm so 'sold' on them; they just feel right. I think it's time to try the trail version. I look forward to running with you in 2014. I wish for you and your family continued success this coming new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for everything this year Will. I am glad to have become a part of what you and Shauna are putting together. More importantly, I am thankful for what you are helping me to achieve. However, you need to teach me how you time those action poses, I am so impressed. Best of everything to you and the family for the coming years.


    Erik Waterland

    ReplyDelete